Once hired, you will learn that Origin Health’s leadership believes in you and your potential to grow professionally as a person and as part of the team. You will find support and appreciation from Origin Health as you use your skills and abilities.
You will appreciate Origin Health’s focus on people, their compassion for the needs of others, and the professionalism and kindness throughout the company.
Current job openings:
Sonographer in Great Falls
Responsible for independently performing ultrasound exams and communicating results and completing preliminary reports for the reading or performing provider. This position specializes in perinatal sonography. Ultrasound examinations include a variety of conditions ranging from routine OBGYN to high-risk obstetrical scans and include, but are not limited, to nuchal translucency, fetal anatomy survey, doppler studies, biophysical profile, and endo-vaginal scans. Experience also includes the ability to perform guidance for amniocentesis and other invasive procedures commonly performed in a maternal fetal medicine program. Must be able to work independently and have thorough knowledge of high-risk situations. The sonographer is responsible for the daily operations of the sonographic laboratory, patient schedule, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment.
Specific duties and responsibilities
1. Obtain patient history, verify patient identification and requested procedure.
2. Uses independent professional judgment to adapt the procedure plan to optimize examination results. Recognizes and analyzes normal and abnormal finding.
3. Confers with the interpreting physician, when appropriate.
4. Provides a written or oral summary of preliminary findings to the physician, documents diagnostic data in the appropriate record and recognizes the need for urgent or routine reports.
5. Works in partnership with team members as well as other health care professionals to provide the best care possible for all patients, maintaining an attitude of service and excellence at all times
6. Maintains knowledge in own field of expertise. Participates in continuing education activities to enhance knowledge, skills and performance. Is accountable for professional judgements and decisions.
Required licenses and certifications
1. American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) registration in obstetrics
2. Nuchal translucency certification or become certified.
3. BLS – Basic life support certification
Must be able to work 8 to 10 hours shifts.
Ability to scan between 8 and 12 patients a day.
It is your responsibility to use proper ergonomics while scanning.
Safely move equipment when needed with assistance.
Contact Kendall Brooks, Origin Health Chief Operating Office, [email protected], with questions or for more information.