Once hired, you will learn that Origin Health’s leadership believes in you and your potential to grow professionally as a person and as part of the team. You will find support and appreciation from Origin Health as you use your skills and abilities.
You will appreciate Origin Health’s focus on people, their compassion for the needs of others, and the professionalism and kindness throughout the company.
Current job openings:
CERTIFIED NURSE MIDWIFE (2 openings)
Seeking CNMs to complement our Origin Health team!
Come to work in the beautiful Garden City of Missoula, Montana. We are a Womens Health Center consisting of Midwifery, Obstetrics, Gynecology and Maternal Fetal Medicine. We are looking for a flexible, energetic, highly motivated professional to help us grow our midwifery practice. Principal responsibilities include full-scope obstetrical and well gynecological healthcare in a midwifery clinical practice that provides 24/7 call and both in-hospital and out-of-hospital deliveries.
Our practice currently consists of 3 full-time and 1 part-time CNM. While we currently deliver at the hospital, there are plans to expand our practice to include out of hospital birth at a freestanding birth center. Work schedule is variable, with an average of 2-3 days a week of clinic or call and every 4th weekend (though this is subject to change).
- Prenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum care of low-risk pregnant patients, as well as collaborative management of high-risk patients
- Delivery of patients and management of obstetrical emergencies in both the in-hospital and out-of-hospital setting
- Well gynecologic care including annual exams, contraception, menopause, vaginitis, and STI screening and treatment
- Supervision and education of students (NP and midwifery)
- Management of OB Triages for both CNM and OB patients
- Appropriate consultation with backup OB providers for patients with medical and/or obstetrical problems, and for patients requiring antepartum admission
- First assist for cesarean deliveries and assistance with other surgical procedures such as cerclage placements and ECVs.
- Staying up to date on professional development and continuing education, to provide evidence-based patient care.
- Working collaboratively and communicating effectively with colleagues.
- Eligible or current licensure as an APRN-CNM in Montana
- Current NRP and BLS certifications
- Experience with a wide variety of birthing techniques, including waterbirth
- Gynecologic skills; pap smears, IUD and Nexplanon insertion and removal
- Management of a broad spectrum of women’s health conditions, including abnormal bleeding, contraception, menopause, and basic primary care
- Experience with obstetric emergencies or at least knowledge of management techniques
- Comfort with co-managing “high risk” pregnancies with MFM, including HTN, diabetes, VBACs, and other pregnancy complications
- Willingness to first assist for cesarean deliveries and assist with other procedures such as cerclage placements (can be trained on the job)
- 1-2 years of experience practicing as a full-scope CNM preferred, however the right new graduate CNM will be considered
Missoula is a unique university city with a population of 73,489. Located in a valley with the Clark Fork River, the Sapphire Range, the Garnet Range, the Rattlesnake Mountains, the Reservation Divide, and the Bitterroot Mountains, it gives access to a variety of outdoor activities. Lots of hiking, biking, kayaking, and skiing close by. When you are done working hard, you can play hard.